What To Know Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Home Instructions Before Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for your procedure with IV Sedation.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office and be available to drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach, or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Albanese prior to your surgical date for instructions.
We're Here To Help!
Call us with any questions or to schedule an appointment.